Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Brief Update

Hello there to my (minuscule) readership!

I know I haven't written in over a week - it has been my goal to have at least one blog post/essay a week, but I've been busy preparing to make my big trip out to Southeast Asia for the month, so finding the time to pen a blog post has been difficult.  I'm leaving tomorrow (August the 29th) for a full month in the jungle.

I realize that most of this blog has been about dating, relationships, and sexual politics.  There are topics that I'm very much interested in, both as a veteran dater and bachelor, and, honestly, it's where a lot of my extracurricular passion for writing is derived from nowadays.  My one blog post on travel was written off the cuff, and looking back at it, it's a little lazy, and easily the weakest of my blog posts.  That being said, I'd love to develop my travel writing, especially since I'll be traveling for the next month, so look for more blog posts on my adventures abroad while I try to feel my way through developing this particular skill.

That being said, I have a ton of ideas for blog posts about all of the above.  This includes

- What it's like to move in and out of a new country (my personal story)
- A book review of "Attached".  Honestly, one of the most important books about relationships I've ever read.
- The story of my non-physical love affair with a married woman.  That one is a wowzer.
- My thoughts on sexual politics and the "commodity model" of sex.
- Whatever adventures I end up getting into while in Thailand (romantic or otherwise)

and more!  So stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment